Pages

Monday, March 15, 2021

Writing - Tuna(Eels)

 Over the last couple of weeks we have been researching information about Tuna (eels). We have been learning to write a report using the information we have found.


Our challenges were to include a complex sentence and to use a hyphen followed by a list.


Long-fin eels (Tuna) are found all around New Zealand, You can find them in - rivers, lakes and In dark shady places. Long-fin eels like the shade - camouflaged hidden, out of sight. There are two types of Tuna, there is the long-fin eel and the short-fin. Some eels can be as thick as your arm and they also find food with their smell. You can only find the long-fin eel in New Zealand. They can live up to 100 years old but the average age is 35-52. There is a rare long-fin which is gold yellow or orange. 



Do you know any more fun facts about Long-fin and Short-fin eels?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tom
    I really liked that you put a lot of info into this blog. But you had a lot of info about were they where and where they cam from but i didn't see other tips of info. But over all I loved you blog.
    -Cairo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tom - You have managed to include several facts in this post. I can see you have tried to meet the challenges as well this week - impressive. Looking forward to seeing your next piece of non-fiction writing.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post